Nobody makes core returns easier than Turbochargers Direct. When you buy a turbo online and it has a refundable core deposit, make sure you understand the policies and procedures for returning your core and receiving your core deposit refund. Here are the questions you should ask before you make your purchase:
- Who pays for return shipping of the core? – This is a big one because the cost of shipping a turbocharger core can be expensive! Turbochargers commonly weigh upwards of 50 pounds, and if you have to pay for that shipping out of your own pocket, it’s going to cost a pretty penny. When you buy your turbo from us, we cover the cost of return shipping for your core. As long as you are shipping from the contiguous US 48 states, your core return shipping is covered by us. We will provide you with a pre-paid return label for shipping your core back to us. If you need a core return label, please contact us.
- What would prevent me from receiving a full core refund? – Another very important question to ask before you make a purchase. A refundable core deposit on a turbocharger can range from $50 to well over $500. You do not want to buy a replacement turbo and return your core only to find out the fine print says you’re not eligible for a core refund. We have very straight-forward requirements for core deposit eligibility. We make it simple for you to get a full core deposit refund:
- Your core must be complete (not missing any parts)
- Your core must be assembled
- Your core must not be visibly broken
- How long do I have to return my core? – You have 90 days to return your core for a refund. This is important because if we don’t get your core back, we need to buy another core to replace it.
- How long will it take for me to get a core deposit refund after I return my core? – Once we receive your core return, it takes 3-7 business days for you to receive your refund.
If you need any help at any time with your core return, feel free to contact us – email, online chat, or call us toll free.